Sunday, August 19, 2012

Some End of Summer Cleaning

 As you can see I had a lot of junk piled up in our entry way closet and office area from the past year or so. This area has become the dumping ground for all the odd ball items around the house neither of us know what to do with.  So this weekend I spent some time organizing and throwing out junk no one really plans on using again. 

Whether you are selling your home soon or just ready to declutter your life, having organized closets and drawers will make a huge difference in your home life.  It clears your mind knowing you know right where an item is and that it is easy to get to.  If you are putting your house up for sale, buyers will most likely look through storage areas, so the tidier they are the better chance you have of snagging a buyer quickly.

I took out quite a bit of bags and boxes worth of goodwill donations just from this small area of the house.

 I even organized this overflowing drawer.

Yay!  Clean drawers look so much more appealing to me (and to buyers) than messy ones.  All I did was take out the items we never use, insert this organizer I bought at IKEA for a few bucks and put the essentials back in the drawer.

There you go, all done in less than an hour.  Much better and much cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment