Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My BOLD experience

Yesterday, I road tripped down to Eugene with most of the Corvallis Keller Williams office to attend the first session of the BOLD: A Life by Design, an 8 week training course to get your real estate business and goals back on track. 

This course came at just the right time for me.  When I started real estate in mid July after just passing my exams,  I was feeling pumped and totally motivated to jump start my business.  For most of July and August my high of a new career was still there and I was doing all the work  I should be as a new agent; making my calls, sending out letters to all my neighbors and contacting all the people I could think of in my sphere.

Then September hit and I lost track of my business goals.  I was feeling less excited and motivated from having less than successful open houses and not having any real business yet.  While I was working and being productive and gathered 2 clients (1 I'm working with now and 1 in about 6 months hopefully), it was easy for me to forget the positive things I was doing and easier to concentrate on not having a transaction yet.

So by the end of September I was in a slump, not working on my real estate and concentrating on other areas of my life (also important, but not money making activities).  And now that I have taken the first BOLD class I feel refreshed and excited to work hard again at real estate.  And in the last few days I have reevaluated what I like and would like to add to my current real estate skills and services.

I have decided I would like to incorporate into selling real estate being a home stager for people selling their homes as well as being a home organizer/consultant for home owners who don't know what to do with their spaces.  So for the next few weeks I am going to make new long and short term goals so that I can do the activities I love doing and bring my services to others.

I will not be attending the other 7 sessions of BOLD but I will be working hard on my own time getting my life and business in order.  My other goal is to start writing frequent accountability entries like this one so that I will remember all the positive activities I am doing and focus on the positive not the negative.  I hope that this blog also helps other new agents learn from my experience and grow their business to suite their own lifestyle and goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment